What You Must Know:
- The world premiere of a brand-new musical Your Lie in April lastly opened its curtain to a home filled with enthusiastic viewers on the prestigious Nissay Theatre on Saturday, Could seventh in Tokyo two years after the cancellation of the world premiere in 2020 because of the pandemic. The home continues to be full on a regular basis with tickets already bought out virtually completely.
- The musical, an adaptation of Naoshi Arakawa’s masterpiece manga of the identical title which has been tailored right into a TV anime collection in 2014 in addition to a success live-action movie in 2016, boasts an ideal collaboration of Broadway creators and Japanese musical abilities. Music is by musical maestro Frank Wildhorn (Jekyll & Hyde, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Wonderland, Bonnie & Clyde, Demise Observe, Mata Hari, Rudolf), lyrics by Tracy Miller and Carly Robyn Inexperienced (The Gentle of Firenze, Kung-Fu Masters, Houdini) and Frank Wildhorn, preparations and orchestrations by Jason Howland (Little Girls – the Musical, Ikiru, Lovely – the Carole King Musical, Jekyll & Hyde), guide by Riko Sakaguchi who has co-written a Studio Ghibli movie and written many different TV drama and movies (The Story of The Princess Kaguya, Mary and The Witch’s Flower), and lyrics translation and route by Ikko Ueda (Little Store of Horrors, Love’s Labour’s Misplaced, The Man Who Laughs, On Your Toes!, Useless Poet Society, Subsequent to Regular, Legally Blonde). The present is produced by Toho Co., Ltd. and Fuji Tv Community, Inc.
- Your Lie in April facilities round a piano prodigy Kosei Arima, who has misplaced the flexibility to listen to the sound of the piano in his childhood because the dying of his mom, who was once his strict piano trainer, and is now not capable of face the piano. This modifications in the future in April when Kosei, now a highschool pupil, meets a violinist of the identical age, Kaori Miyazono, by his childhood buddy Tsubaki Sawabe along with his highschool buddy Ryota Watari. After listening to Kaori’s overwhelmingly free efficiency at a violin competitors, Kosei’s world begins to tackle colourful hues as soon as once more. Kaori tries to convey Kosei again to the world of music one way or the other, and Kosei turns into increasingly more interested in Kaori. Nonetheless, simply as Kosei is about to return to the world of music, he discovers that Kaori has an enormous secret.
- The musical stars Yuta Koseki and Tatsunari Kimura as Kosei Arima (double forged), Erika Ikuta as Kaori Miyazono, Fuka Yuzuki as Tsubaki Sawabe, and Koki Mizuta and Takuto Teranishi as Ryota Watari.
- The viewers showered the forged members with applause on the raucous curtain name of the opening evening and continued expressing their fervent appreciation because the casts introduced on stage the Grammy- and Tony-nominated musician, Mr. Frank Wildhorn in addition to Ms. Carly Robyn Inexperienced. Mr. Wildhorn and Ms. Inexperienced had flown from the states to have fun the opening of the worldwide collaboration. Mr. Wildhorn saluted the viewers, introducing the forged and creatives, and stated:
- “It’s a pure miracle that we’re capable of lastly open Your Lie in April after these two difficult years. This musical has actually common themes of household, friendship, loss, past love, maturity, and the ability that music has in all our lives. I wish to thank everybody for giving us an opportunity for our voice to be heard.”
- The excitement on the web is created not solely by the followers of the supply materials and musicals but in addition by newcomers of such, which many commented on the well-delivered feelings and youthful vitality by the good energy of music. Critiques included the phrases of: a “common” story that’s refreshingly introduced collectively by the various good songs with numerous “take-home tunes”.
- Your Lie in April continues its Tokyo run on the Nissay Theatre till Sunday Could twenty ninth. The musical will then tour to Gunma, Aichi, Hyogo, Toyama, and Fukuoka from Saturday June 4th to Sunday July third.
Supply: Official Press Launch