Insatiable Client Demand for Licensed Merchandise Surpasses Earlier
Document Set Throughout 2018 Forward of Dragon Ball Z’s thirtieth Anniversary 12 months
What You Have to Know:
- Setting the stage for subsequent month’s Licensing Expo 2022, anime pioneer and industry-leading studio Toei Animation Inc. along with U.S. agent Crunchyroll as we speak launched the newest Dragon Ball franchise report. This annual report gives a complete take a look at the success of their collective Dragon Ball licensing efforts, particulars each new license agreements and license renewals, and spotlights key licensee partnerships in choose product classes. Over the past 14 months, Toei Animation and Crunchyroll executed a file excessive whole of 37 license agreements – consisting of 18 new licenses and 19 license renewals. The 18 new agreements will lead to an thrilling number of merchandise for followers of “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball Tremendous” sequence in addition to, for the primary time ever, “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero,” the brand new function movie scheduled for launch this summer time. New branded items embrace attire from Bioworld, Hypland and NTD, statues and video games from Oniri Creations and Mattel, plushies from Youtooz, housewares from Simply Funky, stationery from Tendencies Worldwide and Perception Editions, and items and novelties from Monogram Worldwide and Hallmark. The 19 license renewals present settlement extensions for “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Z,” Dragon Ball GT” and “Dragon Ball Tremendous” with a protracted record of present licensees together with Occasion Metropolis, FIGPIN Gather Superior, Boston America, Uncanny Manufacturers, Bioworld and Tendencies Worldwide.
- Attire and equipment have been as soon as once more high classes for the franchise. Whereas demand for mass market attire continues to be sturdy, streetwear has now grow to be the recent shopper attire phase – a development that started in 2018 with Primitive Skateboarding’s highly-successful “Primitive X Dragon Ball Z” assortment and subsequent second assortment “Primitive X Dragon Ball Tremendous” in early 2021. Closing out 2021, in December, DJ Steve Aoki’s Dim Mak vogue way of life model adopted swimsuit with “Dim Mak X Dragon Ball Z,” a restricted version streetwear assortment that included t-shirts, hoodies, bomber jackets, hats and tote luggage. And now Los Angeles-based streetwear model Hypland joins this record with a ground-breaking assortment showcasing “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero” and that includes a mixture of attire and merchandise together with t-shirts, hoodies, outwear, skateboards, tapestries and luggage. Past attire, in late 2021, FILA launched “Dragon Ball Tremendous X FILA,” a restricted footwear assortment that includes seven character-inspired kinds – a primary for the “Dragon Ball Tremendous” sequence and solely the second footwear assortment ever for the Dragon Ball franchise. Along with these licensees and others like Bioworld and NTD Attire, vogue really took middle stage for Dragon Ball franchise licensing in 2021.
- Created by Akira Toriyama and produced by Toei Animation, the Dragon Ball anime franchise is predicated on the “Dragon Ball” manga launched in 1984 and encompasses 4 TV sequence (“Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Z,” “Dragon Ball GT” and “Dragon Ball Tremendous”), 21 function movies (together with the soon-to-be-released “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero”), residence video, video video games, and, along with agreements detailed beneath) an ever-expanding catalog of licensed merchandise starting from attire, equipment, toys, novelties, furnishings, housewares and extra.
- Now 37 years for the reason that unique manga’s launch, Dragon Ball has grow to be an iconic model with mainstream attraction. In recent times, Dragon Ball’s model consciousness and shopper demand has solely intensified because of main franchise initiatives just like the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. And most just lately in March, Dragon Ball franchise sequence “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball GT” turned obtainable on Crunchyroll’s streaming service for the primary time.
- Dragon Ball is a one-of-a-kind popular culture phenomenon that spans a number of generations of followers – from the present Gen Z to the post-Boomer Gen X.
- The record of recent licensing agreements contains:
- Bioworld: World producer of licensed attire and equipment for assortment of attire and vogue equipment based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero” together with t-shirts, vogue reduce and stitch tops, bottoms, leggings, sleepwear, vests, jackets, joggers, headwear, luggage and equipment.
- Dim Mak: DJ Steve Aoki’s vogue way of life model for a restricted version assortment of attire based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z” together with t-shirts, lengthy sleeve t-shirts, hoodies, sweatpants, fleece bottoms, crew neck sweatshirts, denim, bomber jackets, hats and tote luggage.
- FILA: World attire and footwear producer for a restricted version assortment of footwear based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous.”
- Hallmark Ornaments: Main producer of memento ornaments for a set of ornaments based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Hypland: Main producer of streetwear vogue and equipment for 3 collections of attire and merchandise based mostly on “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero” together with t-shirts, shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, outerwear, pants, shorts, luggage, headwear, rugs, blankets, skateboards, inflatables, and keychains.
- Perception Editions: Greatest-selling writer of books and distinctive licensed merchandise for a set of merchandise based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z” together with introduction calendars, notebooks, journals, notecards, stationery and stationery units.
- Simply Funky: Premiere producer of licensed and personal label merchandise for a set of drinkware and homewares based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero.”
- Mattel: Main international toy and leisure firm for a particular version UNO® deck based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Monogram Worldwide: Main producer of licensed giftware, toys, aged collectibles and souvenirs for a set of merchandise based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous” together with figural banks, 3D foam keychains, bag clips and magnets, pewter and novelty key rings, lanyards and enamel pins.
- NTD Attire: Canadian producer of retail attire for a set of attire based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z” together with attire, swimwear, sleepwear, underwear, athletic put on, outerwear and facewear.
- Oniri Creations: French designer and producer of collector’s statues for 2 collections of quarter scale resin statues based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball.”
- RhinoShield: Producer of ultra-impact protecting equipment for 2 collections of shopper digital instances based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous” and “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Surreal Leisure: Main producer of fan-driven licensed merchandise for a set of PAL-O pillows and sweet based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Tendencies Worldwide: Main provider of licensed posters, calendars, stickers and social stationary merchandise for a set of merchandise based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous: Tremendous Hero” together with posters, calendars, bookmarks, cellular wallets, writing devices and decals.
- Youtooz: Producer of high-quality collectibles for a set of plush figures based mostly on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Y.H.B Biotech: Taiwanese beverage producer for a set of sodas based mostly on “Dragon Ball Tremendous.”
Supply: Official Press Launch