OverDrive’s Golden Week Japanese Content material Sale highlights an intensive choice of bestsellers, standard fiction/non-fiction, kids’s, younger grownup, and manga titles for libraries and faculties globally
What You Must Know:
- Media Do Worldwide Inc., the U.S.-based subsidiary of Media Do Co., Ltd., Japan’s largest eBook distribution firm, broadcasts the enlargement of Japanese titles out there on OverDrive, the main digital studying service for libraries and faculties worldwide.
- OverDrive’s Golden Week Japanese Content material Sale highlights the catalog of greater than 20,000 manga and literary titles in Japanese and choose English translated (manga) works. This set of unique eBooks is now out there to libraries and faculties world wide throughout a various vary of classes together with acclaimed bestsellers, standard grownup fiction/non-fiction, kids’s storybooks, instructional books, and manga. Unique titles embrace basic kids’s humor manga The Gutsy Frog, a Fujio “Gag Manga King” Akatsuka anthology, literary classics, guides to images, solo tenting, journey, and extra. Collaborating libraries’ patrons can learn and luxuriate in titles by way of OverDrive’s Libby library studying app and taking part faculties’ college students can learn by way of the Sora scholar studying app. For a restricted time, all OverDrive titles throughout these classes can be found for libraries to buy at 25% to 50% off.
- “The enlargement of the OverDrive catalog supplies libraries, educators, and readers with entry to an exceptionally numerous and substantial choice of Japanese language titles from acclaimed authors, creators, artists, lecturers, and storytellers. These works present libraries with compelling content material to have interaction the big Japanese diaspora dwelling overseas, bi-lingual readers and people studying Japanese in addition to scores of manga followers,” says Daihei Shiohama, President and CEO of Media Do Worldwide.
- OverDrive’s Golden Week Japanese Content material Sale coincides with Japan’s annual observance of nationwide holidays often called Golden Week, which takes place starting Friday, April twenty ninth and run via Thursday, Could fifth and embrace Shōwa Day (April 29), Structure Day (Could 3), Greenery Day (Could 4), and Kids’s Day (Could 5).
- OverDrive serves 76,000 libraries and faculties in 94 nations with the publishing business’s largest digital catalog of eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, comics, video, and different content material. In North America, OverDrive companions with roughly 90% of public libraries and over 52,000 faculties and is among the most generally used digital eBook platforms.
- “Manga is among the hottest classes for libraries and English language variations of standard collection corresponding to BAKI, KILL LA KILL, PERSONA 3 and 4, SHAMAN KING, SHOKU-KING, STREET FIGHTER, GTO, and lots of extra attraction to an enormous legion of avid manga readers who’re additionally library patrons and Libby app customers,” provides Winnie Li, Enterprise Improvement Government of OverDrive.
Supply: Official Press Launch